Monday, July 9, 2012

Mom's Taco Salad

When I was a little girl I remember my mom making taco salad. We usually only had it on occasion, but I remember it always tasting amazing. Here is her recipe.


Ingredients
3 tomatoes chopped or 1 can of diced tomatoes
1 red onion, chopped
1 head of lettuce, chopped
1 cup grated cheese
7 oz. Cool Ranch Doritos, crushed
1 can drained kidney beans
1 can olives, drained and chopped
1 lb. ground beef, browned
3/4 cup salsa
1 cup mayonnaise

Directions
1. In a large bowl toss all the ingredients together except the salsa and mayo.
2. In a small bowl mix together salsa and mayo. Use as a sauce for the salad.
3. Serve cold with more chips and the salsa dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.