Friday, August 31, 2012

8 Recipes Using Apples

I have three neighbors and two grandparents with apple trees so I have been very busy peeling and cutting apples! For a few months I have been saving pins I found on Pinterest of different recipes calling for apples so I could try them. I am finally getting to taste some, and create a few of my own.


There have been so many apples that I had to work on a pile at a time. Here are a few things you can do with apples you may have:

1. Grandma Karon's Apple Pie. This is my recipe, but it was made for her.
2. Crockpot Apple Butter. So delicious you won't be able to stop eating it!
3. Fried Apples. A perfect addition to a morning breakfast.
4."Baked" Apple Oatmeal. The only difference between this and baked oatmeal is the fact that you can make it on the stove and there are no eggs in this recipe!
5. Cinnamon Apple Swirl Bread. I used my basic Sweet White Bread recipe to create this treat.
6. Apple Pecan Spice Bread. My recipe!
7. Oatmeal Apple Pancakes. I used my delicious Oatmeal Pancakes recipe and made a few small changes. These were a big hit!
8. Healthy Crockpot Apple Sauce. Nothing but apples in this!

There are a lot more things you can make with apples, but this is what I have done so far. I must say that the two recipes I've used the most were the apple pie and the apple butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.