Friday, August 17, 2012

Apple Pecan Spice Bread

Since I have all of these apples from the neighbors I have been making a lot of recipes with apples in them. So far that includes an Apple Pie recipe, Cinnamon Apple Swirl Bread, and Crockpot Apple Butter. Today I am making apple bread.


Ingredients
2 cups flour
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup powdered milk
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 Tablespoon baking soda
2 Tablespoons cinnamon
2 Tablespoons corriander
1/2 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup water
2 cups diced apples (about 5 apples)
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together flour, sugar, powdered milk, baking powder, cornstarch, cinnamon and coriander.
3. Melt the butter in the microwave and add to flour mix. Add in vanilla and eggs. Stir until well blended.
4. Add in diced apples.
5. Chop pecans and add them. Stir everything together well.
6. Pour dough into a greased bread pan.
7. Bake in oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Make sure that when you stick a toothpick/knife into the middle nothing comes out on it before you take it out of the oven. If this isn't enough time the continue baking in 5 minute segments, checking the loaf before resetting the timer until it is finished.

Notes
~The mix will look like it should be split into two loaves, but don't do that or you will have to flat loaves instead of one large loaf.


Here is what my loaf looked like once it was finished baking.
It looks really dark but the crust was surprisingly soft and tasty.
Also, it doesn't taste burned at all...which I was worried about since it was so dark.

~The dough cooks dark so don't be worried if the top of the bread is dark and the inside isn't finished cooking yet.

Other Apple Recipes: Apple Breakfast Cake, "Baked" Apple Oatmeal, Grandma Karon's Apple Pie, Crockpot Apple Butter, Fried Apples, Apple Pecan Spice Bread, Apple Oatmeal Spice Drop Cookies, Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Cake, Apple Raisin Bran Muffins, Cinnamon Apple Swirl Bread, Apple Oatmeal Pancakes, Healthy Applesauce Muffins, Apple Pecan Cake, Healthy Crockpot Applesauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.