Thursday, August 16, 2012

"Baked" Apple Oatmeal

Title explanation: have you ever had baked oatmeal? Well this is just like it, except you can make it on the stove AND you don't have to use eggs! This is the best part for me since I can't eat real baked oatmeal due to the amount of eggs used in the recipes I've found. This recipe is meant to be served with milk as if it was real baked oatmeal or a breakfast cereal.


Ingredients
5-6 peeled and diced apples
1 Tablespoon butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups water
4 cups oatmeal, not quick oats!

Directions
1. Peel and dice apples
2. Cook apples on medium-high with butter, sugar and vanilla. This will take anywhere from 7-10 minutes.
3. Once the apples are cooked turn the heat to high. Add the water.
4. Bring the water to a boil.
5. Add in oatmeal and stir until all the oatmeal is coated in the water mix.
6. Turn down the heat to 3-4. Cook 5-7 minutes or until oatmeal is ready to eat.
7. Serve hot/warm with milk.

Other Apple Recipes: Apple Breakfast Cake, "Baked" Apple Oatmeal, Grandma Karon's Apple Pie, Crockpot Apple Butter, Fried Apples, Apple Pecan Spice Bread, Apple Oatmeal Spice Drop Cookies, Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Cake, Apple Raisin Bran Muffins, Cinnamon Apple Swirl Bread, Apple Oatmeal Pancakes, Healthy Applesauce Muffins, Apple Pecan Cake, Healthy Crockpot Applesauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.