Saturday, August 4, 2012

Challenge | Fit Arms Part 1

For most of my life I have hated the way my arms have looked. Until last year I haven't really tried to make them look any better. I usually just left them alone and tried to not notice how 'ugly' they were in photos or in the mirror... but one day I got fed up with them and decided it was time for a massive change. Thus this challenge!

I lost 30+ pounds awhile back while I was in the middle of a few medicine changes. It took me about 5 months of very hard work and watching what I ate so that my workouts would pay off. This time I am only focusing on one area, not my whole body, so I think that in three months' time of hard work I will be able to tell a huge difference. Here is to my goal!

I plan to do the following arm workout from my Curvy Girl Workout at least 4 times a week. I would do them every day, but I know my arms can't handle that much so fast so I need to build up my strength.

So for the month of August I plan to do 20 workouts of the following routine:

I will be using 5lb. weights and repeating each move 30 times per arm.

~BICEP CURLS. I think we all know how to do these, but just in case. Hold your arms with your forearms towards the ceiling and your elbows at your sides. Lift the weights up towards your shoulder, not moving your elbows.
~FORWARD ARM LIFT. Hold your weight at your side. Lift forward without turning your arm in any direction.
~BACK ARM LIFT. This is reverse of the forward arm lift.
~SIDE ARM LIFT. Lift the weight out from your side and back down again.
~PUNCH. Weights in your hand, bring your arms up like you would punch someone. One at a time punch the right arm out while the left arm is at your chest. When your right hand comes back to your chest, punch your left arm out.
~LEVEL. Bring your elbows up to be even with your shoulders. Place your hands, holding weights, fist to fist. Take your right arm and swing it out away from your body, keeping your elbow level with your shoulder. When your hand comes back, repeat with the left arm.
~ABOVE ARM LIFT. Bring your arm above your head to where your hand touches your shoulder. Lift the weight up so your arm is almost fully extended.

So far this month I have done this workout once! (That was two days ago...) It is going to be very hard for me to keep up with this challenge because although I want it, I don't want to go through the pain of sore muscles to reach the goal...thus I have a lack of motivation. However, I will be doing this because I know I want it and I know that I need to do this for myself.

I will post an update at the end of the month on how well I am doing/did and what I plan to continue for the month to follow! I did take some before photos so that at the end of the challenge I might be able to tell a difference. I will post those at the end of the third month. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.