Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Skillet Fried Potatoes

My sister Lyd has an amazing ability to fry food! (Something that I'm not terribly good at...probably because I don't really try to fry anything...) The other night we were going to have potatoes for dinner and I asked her if she would fry them. They were her best ones yet and I told her she would have to let me get a pic and post the recipe! This recipe is a much smaller amount than what we made (probably four times this recipe) since we all love fried potatoes so they go fast!


Servings: 4-6.

Ingredients
10-12 medium potatoes
1 onion, peeled and diced
1/2 cup oil
1/2 stick of butter, melted
salt & pepper for seasoning

Directions
1. Wash and dice all of the potatoes.
2. In a large pot put 1/2 the diced potatoes. Set a 15 minute timer.
3. Once the timer goes off drain the potatoes and let them sit for 5 minutes in the drainer.
4. On the stove put 1/4 cup of oil in a medium-large skillet. Once the potatoes have drained add them to the skillet. Turn the heat on 5-7 (medium heat). Keep the potatoes well stirred.
5. With a fresh pot of water start steps 1-2 over for the remaining uncooked potatoes.
6. The potatoes in the skillet will start to look clearer and less white when they are close to being done. When you can stick a fork into one of the thickest chunks easily then the potatoes are done. This process will take anywhere from 15-20 minutes.
7. Pour the fried potatoes into a bowl and cover.
8. Repeat steps 3-7 for the second batch of potatoes.
9. Once the potatoes are all cooked pour butter over the potatoes until evenly distributed. Add in salt and pepper if wanted. Serve warm.

Notes
~We tend to like ketchup on or potatoes.
~I think these fried potatoes would be delicious served it with my Cornbread in a Pan recipe and a garden salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.