Friday, October 12, 2012

10 Day YOU Challenge | 8 Fears


Well, this post was supposed to come out yesterday...but I had to have my medicine dose upped and was really out of it... I'm still a little out of it, but I'm doing better than I was!

EIGHT FEARS.

1. I will die young. I really feel like there is so much to do in life and I'll die before I'll get to do half the things I want to do. I know that there is a plan for my life, but I don't know the day I die (nor do I want to know it!) and sometimes this makes me really scared. I just have to remember that God is in control of everything and I can't worry about this.

2. Spiders. I will freak out if I find a spider on me. No joke. One time Autry and I were driving somewhere in the car and there was a spider (he was quite small actually) on my arm...and I saw it, flung my arm and screamed..... Needless to say it freaked Autry out. He told me never to scream in the car again unless it was really something important. I really did feel bad about it though. I usually don't scream if I find a spider on me; that was a rare occasion.

3. Not being able to have children. I want kids so very bad. I don't really know that this is a legit fear or not, but ever since the wreck I've worried if I'll be able to have children because of how the wreck effected my body and because of the medication I have to take.

4. Peanuts, Pineapple, Shellfish, Melons, and more. Basically any foods I am allergic to. I am seriously allergic to peanuts and shellfish though. One day mom took a sip of my smoothie I had made, she had been eating a spoonful of peanut butter. She took a sip from the opposite side of the cup from where I was drinking. I guess I eventually got around to that side because I could feel my throat start to tighten. Ever since then I've been very cautious of who I let eat or drink out of my cup or off my plate. My boyfriend gave up peanuts...but he did say that when we go to a crawfish boil I'll just have to avoid him...we'll see about that one. ;)

5. Scary movies. This is a legit fear. Also why I will never watch a horror film. Ever. When I was a child I had nightmares from the movie Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, or more specifically they were of the child catcher with the really long nose. Now maybe you understand this? Or not. My sisters hated me because we were no longer allowed to watch that movie after that.

6. Needles. Can you even imagine that I once considered getting a tattoo?? This was, of course, because I didn't realize they used NEEDLES to put them in your skin! I hate needles because they hurt, and because for most of my life each time I've had to get my blood drawn I've been a really hard stick so I got stuck 4-8 times, and most of the time I got stuck in bot my arms so I was in double pain. I really hate needles and don't even like anyone holding a needle walking towards me.

7. Drains in pools. This is a fear that my dear mother gave me when I was little. I honestly think she was just trying to protect me from my own curiosity, but telling me that a little girl got stuck in a drain and it sucked her arm into it and she drowned made me fear them to the point that the lifeguard would have to tell me to get off the diving board because I wouldn't jump off the board because I couldn't decide which was the fastest way to get out of the water (eventually I figured it out, but still...I would swim fast!). Moral of the story: don't scare your children with stories of children drowning in swimming pools because of the drains!

8. The end of the world as we know now. This is a fear of mine, but it is one that is well backed. There is plenty of proof pointing toward the world as we know ending. Maybe not the whole world, but the United States more than likely. I am prepping and doing what I can to be prepared for then. I'm working on my survival skills and will be a survivalist when that time comes. Trust me, I'd much rather life continue in its nice pattern and me to grow old and have children and grandchildren and for the world as we know to continue, but that may not happen and I'd much rather be prepared. (I'm actually starting a new series on that. Read this post of mine for more info.)

Well, there you have my 8 Fears.

Read the other posts in this series: 10 Secrets, 9 Loves, 8 Fears, 7 Wants, 6 Places, 5 Foods, 4 Books, 3 Films, 2 Songs, 1 Photo.

6 comments:

  1. Girl scared of butterflies here. :) My uncles use to taunt me with these golden butterflies off my grandma's wall. I was so scared of them, but my uncles wouldn't stop. Which leads to me being scared of the real things. Pretty yes. Scary, heck yes! I agree on scary movies. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol okay. :) Oh that's awful!! I can't belive that they would do that. I think my facination with butterflies started when I was little because my grandma had a bunch of magnents on her fridge. She only has two left now but she had a ton when I was little. I suppose everyone is allowed their own fears :)

      Helen

      Delete
  2. Lol, about your spider story. I did the same thing once. Got an earful after that. Hehe. It's so funny how such a small tiny little thing can scare the crap out of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm scared of most of these things too, I'd scream my head off if there was a spider even near me let alone on me haha. Great post, I'm following you from the BlogLoveTherapy blog hop x
    http://staceykane1988.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks for the sympathy!! :) Cool! I'll stop by your blog soon! Thanks for the follow!

      Helen

      Delete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.