Friday, October 19, 2012

Verse A Day October Challenge | Days 16, 17, 18, & 19


Well, there is no good excuse for me having fallen four days behind on this challenge. I will say that on the 16th I spent almost the entire day editing photos and almost nothing else, the 17th Autry was home and then that afternoon-evening-night-next day I babysat my adorable nephew Jackson so I didn't do much on my laptop. And today I woke up with a migraine and a back ache. I think I am getting sick which is no surprise since dad and my little bro are sick already. At least my little nephew is back with his mommy so I don't have to worry about getting him sick.

Day 16: Something You Wrote
On October 16th I posted the photos I took last year as a one year mark/celebration of how far I had made it since my wreck. I cannot find or remember the verse which I used to read a lot during the past two years, but this one is just as good and fits quite well.

Philippians 4:13 KJV: "I can do all things through Christ which strengheneth me."

Day 17: Fruit
I love the verses which have the Fruit of the Spirit listed! Here they are for you:

Galatians 5:22-23 KJV: "22-But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23-meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Day 18: Made You Smile Today
I think this one was already on this list...no fair lol. I was blessed with the opportunity to watch my adorable little nephew Jackson! He is about 3 months old and is getting SO big! This is the verse that comes to mind:

Psalms 127:3 KJV: "Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward."

Day 19: Letters
In the New Testament a lot of the books are actually collections of letters written from an author to a church. I think my favorite are the books of 1 & 2 Corinthians which are written by Paul. So many things are taught in these two books alone. Many times when I have a question the answer can be found if I search these books.

1 Corinthians 1:1-3 KJV: "1-Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother, 2-Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord both theirs and ours: 3-Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ." (I love this because it really does feel like you are reading a letter!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.