Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Verse A Day October Challenge | Days 9 & 10


Yesterday my blog really suffered my lack of scheduling...plus I am dealing with the terribleness of being on this new medicine, and I did a senior photo shoot and spent half the afternoon out doing that, and then most of the evening sorting through the 400+ photos to see which were really the best and which were still good, etc.

Anyway, I already knew what I wanted to do for Red so here it is:

In the Bible Jesus' words are shown in red. I wanted to write the very first and last verses where he speaks in the KJV Bible.

Matthew 3:15 KJV (at Jesus' baptism. He had come to John the Baptist to be baptized but John had refused saying he was not worthy): "And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfill all righteousness. Then he suffered him."

Revelation 22:20 KJV (the closing benediction of revelation and the Bible): "He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus."

I don't really understand what that second verse means, but maybe if I had taken the time to read the whole chapter before or more than the last five verses or so then I may have understood it. Anyway, this was an interesting thing to look into. I've never done this before.

Onto the verse for today: Emotion. As soon as I read this word the exact verse popped into my head. There is no introduction necessary for it, but I will say that this verse is full of emotion!

John 11:35 KJV: "Jesus wept."

I hope that the concepts I've pulled out today have caused you to think a little. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.