Saturday, December 29, 2012

5 Cup Salad

For those of you who LOVE marshmallows you are in for a REAL treat today! This recipe is one that has been around longer than I've been alive! My Grandma Helen (yes, I was named after her!) used to fix this exact recipe up for the holidays...especially Thanksgiving & Christmas...and serve it along with the other yummy foods that go along with the holidays such as turkey/ham, potatoes, dinner rolls, green bean casserole, etc. It has a family favorite and I absolutely plan to make it a full time member of my holidays once Autry & I are married and on our own!



Ingredients
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup mandarin oranges, drained
1 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained (NOT fresh pineapple!)
 
Directions
Only one! Mix together everything in a bowl and chill in the fridge for an hour or more if you can.
 
Notes
~Doubling this recipe (or even more!) is simple...just add 1 cup more of each ingredient. 5 cups of sald = 5 different ingredients! Very simple for those with memory challenges and very tasty too!
 
~It's best when it's had a bit to soften up the marshmallows, but still tastes like you just made it. AKA best the same day it's made, but still delicious if there are any leftovers the next few days after you make it!

2 comments:

  1. If only all recipes were this easy to remember! :) Thanks for sharing!

    I'd like to invite you to join our weekly Sunday and Monday Meet & Greet Blog Hop - Come link up and join the fun if you have time this weekend :)

    http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/2012/12/sunday-monday-meet-greet-blog-hop_29.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.