Friday, December 14, 2012

DIY Frozen Cookie Dough

So it seems I'm very much into posting things that have to do with the freezer lately, but this one is a really great idea which is Pinterest Inspired! Of course, lol. Where else do I find my inspirations?! :)


Items Needed
Uncooked Cookie Dough
Clean ice cube trays
A dinner knife

Directions
1. Make up the cookie dough. The recipe for the cookies used in these photos isn't posted yet...but I do have The Best Basic Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe which you can fancy up any way you desire or, for something less Christmassy you can try these recipes: Apple Oatmeal Spice Cookies, Flavorful Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin 'Cookie' Drops, Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies, Soft Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies.

2. Bake the cookies you wish, or start scooping dough into each ice cube space.

3. Put the trays in the freezer for a few hours, or overnight to let the dough harden.


4. After they are hard, or the next day, use the dinner knife to pop the cookie dough cubes out of the trays and put them in an air tight container or ziploc bag. Store in the freezer until you're ready to use.

5. Follow the directions for the recipe you used to bake the cookies when you're ready to eat them!

This is a perfect way to avoid the Christmas rush, but still have fresh cookies on the day of or before Christmas! :)

This Link Was Shared

4 comments:

  1. hi, i'm following the "farmgirl friday blog hop" i would love for you to visit my blog and follow if you like it.

    http://www.blackinkpaperie.blogspot.com

    thanks
    new follower bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I love it! Helen, you always find the good stuff. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Kelly that's sweet of you! Thanks!! I try SO many things from Pinterest and actually have a label "Pinterest Inspired" to direct people to things I've found via Pinterest and tried!

      Helen

      Delete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.