Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Guest Post | Lauren @ Simply Free: Fringe Scarf

Hello readers! Today I'd like to introduce you to the lovely Lauren who blogs over at Simply Free! She writes about her life with her husband, living the frugal life, supporting programs such as TOMS, St. Jude Children's Research Program, and more...not only that but she also writes about fashion & diy projects too! Ladies and gentlemen: Lauren @ Simply Free
 

I was super excited when Helen mentioned she needed guest bloggers during her wedding time because I love to share a good DIY project for both thrifty & stylish ladies! Also, I just really love weddings! :)

As an introduction, my name is Lauren and I blog over at Simply Free about all sorts of random things regarding my faith, being frugal, living simply, creatively, and with style! Here I am at our wedding when I am married to my best friend & have been incredibly blessed to share in this journey with someone so awesome. :) The husband and I are continually on a mission to simplify our lives. Most times this comes in attempting to be more frugal in our purchasing, shying away from processed foods, opting for locally grown items, and using reusable bottles, bags, etc. as much as possible. However, sometimes this just means doing something for free instead of paying for it. That's where this little project comes in.
 
The DIY Fringe Scarf!
 
So if you are to know anything about me, it's that I'm pretty much obsessed with scarves (which came in quite handy after my surgery) so when I saw a how-to on Pinterest I couldn't resist. I grabbed the free t-shirt I got for joining the gym and got to work. This was seriously the easiest, fastest, and simplest fashion craft I've ever completed! And WAY cheaper (free!) to do this yourself than pay for a similar scarf at a boutique that goes for a min of $24.


And that's it! Just put over your head with your favorite outfit & there you have an easy fringe scarf :)
 
The finished product! 

And you can make it in any (or as many!) colors as you like. Simple, FREE, and super cute for any season!

Please let me know if you have any questions at all and please come stop by my blog and visit! I would love to hear from you. :)
 

2 comments:

  1. I really like this idea, and am bookmarking it!! It looks fairly easy to make, which helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing, stopped by here, Krys sent me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.