Monday, July 1, 2013

Cooking For 2 | Baked Potato Casserole

 

This is a recipe I created awhile back. Hubby really enjoyed it, which was a good thing. It's pretty much a fancier version of baked potatoes! Seriously, that's it. We like ours with ranch on it, but of course you could use sour cream or something else as a 'sauce' of sorts. That's all up to you!


Ingredients
5 potatoes
5 pieces of turkey bacon
1 large Tablespoon of butter
3 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Ranch to taste

Directions
1. Wash the potatoes to get all the dirt off.
2. Microwave the potatoes 2-3 at a time for 5 minutes each. You'll want to be able to easily stick a fork into them.
3. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
4. Put the butter in a 9x13 pan. Stick it in the oven to melt.
5. While you're waiting on the pan go ahead and slice the potatoes.
6. When the butter is melted, pull the pan out and spread the sliced potatoes along the bottom of the pan.
7. Break the cooked bacon oven the potatoes. Sprinkle everything with salt and pepper. Lastly sprinkle on top the freshly grated cheese.
8. Bake the potatoes in the oven until the cheese is melted.
9. Pull out the pan and sprinkle it with ranch.
10. Serve hot or warm.

Featured Post!


This post was featured on the Adorned From Above Blog Hop #61.
July 23, 2013.


This post was featured on the I Gotta Try That Link Party #61.
July 29, 2013.

This Post Was Shared!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Helen!
    I'm Dawn and I found your blog on the Great Blog Train, I'm hopping on this week for the first time :) I just love the Cooking for 2 section of your blog. It's just my husband and I now, and he's always telling me I still cook for too many. I've joined your site! Please feel free to visit me anytime!
    Dawn @ A Place for Pictures and Memories

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Helen,
    This looks amazing. I am featuring it at this week party Wednesday's Adorned From Above Party tonight. Have a great week.
    Debi and Charly
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2013/07/wednesdays-adorned-from-above-blog-hop_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delish and simple, my kind of recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.