Friday, August 16, 2013

Date Night | Go Bowling Together


Today's 'date night' idea actually happened back in May when Autry & I first got back from our Mississippi trip. It has been awhile but I do have to say that it was a LOT of fun and for sure something I'd like to do again. I will say that it can be a pricey, but we kept our game(s) under $20 so it really didn't turn out too bad. Of course that didn't include dinner afterwards either...so just keep that in mind if you're thinking this is a cheap date. :)

Here are some photos from our date at the Bowling Alley. They also had a Mini Put Put which we played twice. That was my first time experience and honestly it wan't too bad, but not my favorite thing to do. Naturally Autry won both games of mini put put.


Our shoes...The 8 was WAY too small, and the 9 was a little big, go figure.


My turn to bowl. I haven't been bowling in YEARS! Mostly because of my back problems, but I was really glad that the bowling balls weren't as heavy as I remembered.


Autry getting ready to bowl.


Another shot down the lane from me.


And Autry's turn. It was a lot of fun.


Turns out the Bowling Alley sells peanuts...a lot of them...and I'm VERY allergic to them. These are my hands, swollen & burning up. They're red from the reaction. I had to run to the bathroom to wash them and they still burned for hours after we finished playing. :(


Score board from one of our games. I can't remember now if it was the first or second, but I think it's from our second game...which Autry won. I'm thinking I won one of the games that night, but I sure can't remember lol.


Autry showed me how to play Mini Put Put. Maybe that's why I lost? I think it's really probably cuz I had no clue what I was doing.


This huge waterfall and fish pond is right in the center of the mini put put ring. I really liked watching the fish. I tried so hard to get a pic of the fish, but they didn't turn out.


Autry made fun of how I held the put put club. I thought it worked pretty well.


A pic of me in front of the waterfall.

Well that was our date night. It was a lot of fun! Next time we go I might be bringing rubber gloves so I don't have a reaction to the peanut residue left on the bowling balls. That was a horrible experience.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like y'all had a blast! I miss our date nights. :( Maybe after this last trip we'll start them up again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.