Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Prego With Style | All White Confessors Dress


For three straight days last November I was a busy sewer as I attempted to make a medieval style dress with nothing but a few photos on my computer for inspiration. It was a really long process, but one that paid off well with this gorgeous dress:


Recently I had the opportunity to wear it again and I was thrilled! This time, instead of wearing black under the main part of the dress I wore all white...to dress it up more. Our church did a Castle themed VBS this summer. Most of the teachers were dressed up in gorgeous velvet costumes...but they were really hot when we were outside during different activities. I was glad my dress was made out of cotton sheets! The other nice thing about this dress is the lace-up front since when I made it last fall I wasn't pregnant...and my belly has grown considerably in recent months.



I looked up Medieval hairstyles online...a lot of them included braids so to look more the part I decided to do a braid in my hair too.


I put the rest of my hair up on the side in a somewhat messy bun. I think it turned out pretty.

Posts Related To This Dress

3 comments:

  1. 'Sounds like an awesome VBS with lots of costumes! Your dress and your hair look GREAT! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is absolutely beautiful! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you did your hair. It goes perfectly with the outfit! And how perfect about the lace-up...You look gorgeous! =)
    ~Kim
    www.2justByou.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.