Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas 2013 | Hang Christmas Lights

You can see our tree in the font window!

One thing I wanted to do this year was hang multi-color lights on our house. I didn't think we were going to be able to do that since we couldn't buy new lights for the house. Well, hubby was looking in the basement and came across a few strands of multi-color lights that had been left behind. Granted they weren't the icicle lights like I had originally wanted, but once we got these up on the house I actually liked the plain straight strands better!

Notice Demi in the background checking out the lights?

After Hubby checked the lights to make sure they actually worked, I spent a few hours going through the strands changing out the burned out bulbs until everything was lit up. All four of the colored strands were working by the time I was done. And I had black hands because they were so dusty!


Hubby spent a good chunk of his day off on the roof putting the lights up. I did have to buy a package of gutter clips for the lights, but that wasn't bad considering they were only $3. I didn't think we'd have enough lights to cover the front of the house, but as it turned out we had more than enough to go much farther than just the front of the house (as you can see in the first pic).

The footprints are up to our ankles here, and it was still snowing!!

Hubby got the lights up just in time too since the next day we had a big snow storm come through. The lights in the snow look so pretty! I think the whole outcome is fantastic and certainly more than I expected! Hubby did a really good job on our lights. Maybe next year we’ll get a few more strands of the multi-color lights and do the ridge of the roof, over the garage door, and the other side of the flower bed/driveway!

I used the fireworks setting on my camera to take a picture of the house lights at night. I figured that was the best way to capture them since the night setting kept trying to use a flash so you couldn't see what they looked like!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.